Grace United Church is an inclusive, intergenerational, community partner at the corner of Cathcart & Indian in Sarnia, Ontario. We look forward to having you stop by and see if our congregation is a good fit for you and your family. Lori Armstrong is always available during office hours to answer any questions you may have about our congregation.
Lunches 4 Learning
Besig & Price
Confirmands and Mentors
The Affirming Ministries Program is a network of United Church congregations and ministries that declare themselves to be fully inclusive of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Before declaring themselves to be Affirming, local congregations, colleges, church courts, and other ministries study issues of sexual orientation and gender identity; make a statement of welcome; and commit themselves to work for justice and inclusion within their congregation, the wider church, and their community. The program was launched in 1992. The United Church officially endorsed the program in 2000 and encouraged its ministries to participate. Grace United Church is now exploring this program. To learn more, please follow our blog Affirm Grace.
Growth & Giving Capital Campaign
Thank you for your generous gifts. As of September 2016, we've raised $96,000 towards our $150,000 goal. This income includes profits from our promotional events and donations from 93 families or individuals.
Benefits. Your contribution to our Growth & Giving campaign builds our congregation's capacity for serving as is a strong community partner. We use our building every day to benefit the congregation and many local organizations and groups. Your contribution helps us to create a warm, welcoming, people-oriented space for the people and programs that enrich Sarnia-Lambton.
Projects. As you consider your financial gift, here is an update on project completion:
- Friendship Room. Completed!
- Sanctuary lighting. Completion expected this fall.
- Accessible Entrance at Main Kitchen Entrance. An automatic door was installed.
- Sanctuary Entrance Ramp. New ramp installed. A handrail will be installed later.
- Pew Modifications. One modification was made at the front of the sanctuary.
- Accessibility Projects. We plan to modify the family washroom, install an automatic door into the sanctuary, and install an automatic door at the main east entrance near the office area. Project work will start in November.
- Roof. In progress. The roof over the south sanctuary entrance was completed in 2015. The roof over the Friendship Room and the flat roof over the offices and main kitchen will be replaced in October.
- Other projects still in development. Sanctuary HVAC, Room 4/10 updates and Gym Floor.
Ways to Give. If you have any questions about ways to give, please contact Bill Palmer for more information or see the "Giving Plans to Consider" on the final page of our campaign brochure. If you are interested in Picking Up the Tab for an entire project or part of a project, please contact John Cooke.
Jazz & Dessert. A concert featuring Glen Parsons and friends will be held November 25 at Grace. Tickets will be available in October.
Grace United Church is more than a building. We are an inclusive, intergenerational, community partner. Our building is one way -- an important way -- that we share our gifts with the larger community and reach deeply into the lives of many other people.
Click here for more information Growth & Giving Capital Campaign Brochure
Grace News contains announcements, a weekly calendar and a monthly calendar.
Grace Notes is a periodic update on what's been happening, and the current direction of the church in Sarnia.