Grace United Church is an inclusive, intergenerational, community partner at the corner of Cathcart & Indian in Sarnia, Ontario. We look forward to having you stop by and see if our congregation is a good fit for you and your family. Lori Armstrong is always available during office hours to answer any questions you may have about our congregation.
Lunches 4 Learning
Besig & Price
Confirmands and Mentors
Growth & Giving Capital Campaign
Thank you for your generous gifts. As of January 31, 2017, we've raised $127,000 towards our $150,000 goal. This income includes profits from our promotional events and donations from 126 families, individuals or groups.
Benefits. Your contribution to our Growth & Giving campaign builds our congregation's capacity for serving as is a strong community partner. We use our building every day to benefit the congregation and many local organizations and groups. Your contribution helps us to create a warm, welcoming, people-oriented space for the people and programs that enrich Sarnia-Lambton.
Projects. As you consider your financial gift, here is an update.
- Roof over the south Sanctuary entrance
- Friendship Room
- Accessible Entrance at Main Kitchen Entrance
- Sanctuary Entrance Ramp & Handrail
- Pew Modifications
- Flat Roof over the Offices and Main Kitchen
- Roof over the Friendship Room
- Sanctuary lighting
- Sanctuary HVAC. A detailed plan was developed to replace the HVAC Units at end of life (likely in 2-5 yrs). Work in Progress
- Accessibility Projects. We received a federal grant in support of our plan to modify the family washroom, install an automatic door into the sanctuary, and install an automatic door at the main east entrance near the office area. Work will be completed this spring.
- Roof over the Gym. Work will be completed this spring.
- Gym Floor. We are investigating options and timing for this project.
- Room 4/10 updates. We are investigating scope and timing for these projects.
Ways to Give. Please consult the "Giving Plans to Consider" on page 7 of the campaign brochure. Perhaps you would like to Pick Up the Tab for an entire project or part of a project. Please contact Bill Palmer for more information.
Future Events. We hope to sponsor at least one more event to publicize the campaign.
Grace United Church is more than a building. We are an inclusive, intergenerational, community partner. Our building is one way -- an important way -- that we share our gifts with the larger community and reach deeply into the lives of many other people.
Click here for more information Growth & Giving Brochure
The Affirming Ministries Program is a network of United Church congregations and ministries that declare themselves to be fully inclusive of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Before declaring themselves to be Affirming, local congregations, colleges, church courts, and other ministries study issues of sexual orientation and gender identity; make a statement of welcome; and commit themselves to work for justice and inclusion within their congregation, the wider church, and their community. The program was launched in 1992. The United Church officially endorsed the program in 2000 and encouraged its ministries to participate. Grace United Church is now exploring this program. To learn more, please follow our blog Affirm Grace.
Grace News contains announcements, a weekly calendar and a monthly calendar.
Grace Notes is a periodic update on what's been happening, and the current direction of the church in Sarnia.