Covid Protocol for In-Person Worship
Many safety protocols have been put in place, following provincial, public health and United Church of Canada guidelines. All this is done in an effort to keep you safe and help prevent the spread of the COVID virus. The outline below is to help you prepare for worship.
- Please read and complete the screening/contact tracing form and bring with you each Sunday. Blank forms will be available at the church on Sundays.
- Use your own washroom facilities before you leave for worship. The accessible washroom near the sanctuary will be the only facility made available for use on Sunday mornings.
- Bring your own pew cushion or back support from home. The church’s cushions will be available if needed. If you use one provided, please leave it in the pew when you leave.
- When you arrive at the church, please park in the parking lot. The door to Room 1 will be the only entrance door used. Access to the rest of the building will be restricted.
- As per the Sarnia bylaw, masks are mandatory while in the building.
- In Room 1:
- hand sanitizer will be available,
- an express line to hand in your pre-completed screening/contact tracing form will be available,
- there will be a separate line to fill out a contact tracing form if you did not bring one with you,
- Donations by E-Transfer or Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR) are still encouraged, but an offering plate will be available,
- Prayer list names can still be emailed or called into the office before Sunday, or given on that day.
- From Room 1, you will move into the narthex, where an usher will meet you and escort you to a socially-distanced place in a pew (beginning near the front and working back).
- Bring your outdoor clothing (e.g. coats) with you into the sanctuary and lay them on the pew next to you or in front of you.
- As per Public Health guidelines, there will be no congregational singing (humming is ok!)
- Hymnbooks and Bibles in the pews will not be used.
- When worship is over, exiting will be done from the back pew to the front.
- Exit directly (no lingering) via the north set of doors to the parking lot.
Thank you for your help in adhering to these protocols, and keeping everyone safe.