Change in Pastoral Relations
Rev. Brad Morrison accepted a call to Strathroy United Church. His last day was June 9th. At a congregational meeting duly held November 17th, the congregation approved entering into a six month Supply Minister appointment with the Rev. Dr. Linda Marcotte. Her start date is December 1, 2019. Linda comes to us with a Doctor of Ministry and a wealth of experience. We look forward to welcoming Linda and her partner Ari to the Grace family. Thank you to the Search Committee for your patience and hard work.
Linda Marcotte candidate information (as presented at the congregational meeting).
Now that a Supply Minister is in place, Grace Council will begin the formal process of "Search and Call". It is likely to take 6-12 months to complete. This process will include opportunity for the congregation to reflect on our heritage, leadership, mission, connections/partnerships and future. These reflections will inform Council and the Search Committee in building the ChurchHub profiles and position description. Some initial documentation for reflection is available.
- Living Faith Story
- Grace Demographics Worksheet
- Financial Viability Worksheet
- Real Property Worksheet
- Manse Information Worksheet
- Model of Shared Leadership (April 23, 2008)
- Position Description for Brad Morrison (July 2009)
- Position Description for Pat Morrison (January 2015)
This flow chart will give you a sense for where we are in the "Search and Call" process, while the Pastoral Relations Primary Resource outlines the search process.
- Flowchart - Pathways for Change in Pastoral Relations
- Pastoral Relations - Primary Resource
- Pastoral Relations - Additional Resources
- The Manual 2019
If you would like to know more about the search process, please contact Lori Armstrong in the main office, Pat Morrison, John Cooke, or Kirk Wilson.