Growth & Giving Capital Campaign
Thank you for your generous gifts. As of April 30, 2017, we've raised $135,000 towards our $150,000 goal. This income includes profits from our promotional events and donations from 131 families, individuals or groups.
Benefits. Your contribution to our Growth & Giving campaign builds our congregation's capacity for serving as is a strong community partner. We use our building every day to benefit the congregation and many local organizations and groups. Your contribution helps us to create a warm, welcoming, people-oriented space for the people and programs that enrich Sarnia-Lambton.
Projects. As you consider your financial gift, here is an update.
- Roof over the south Sanctuary entrance
- Friendship Room
- Accessible Entrance at Main Kitchen Entrance
- Sanctuary Entrance Ramp & Handrail
- Pew Modifications
- Flat Roof over the Offices and Main Kitchen
- Roof over the Friendship Room
- Sanctuary lighting
- Roof over the Gym. A big THANK YOU to Steve Siklosi for leading this work.
- Accessibility Projects. We modified the family washroom and installed automatic doors into the sanctuary and at the main east entrance near the office area. We received a federal grant that provided 50% funding for this project. a big THANK YOU to Bob Rochon for leading this work.
- Sanctuary HVAC. A detailed plan was developed to replace the HVAC Units at end of life (likely in 2-5 yrs). Work in Progress
Work in Progress
- Gym Floor. We are investigating options and timing for this project.
- Room 4/10 updates. We are investigating scope and timing for these projects.
Ways to Give. Please consult the "Giving Plans to Consider" on page 7 of the campaign brochure. Perhaps you would like to Pick Up the Tab for an entire project or part of a project. Please contact Bill Palmer for more information.
Future Events. We hope to sponsor at least one more event to publicize the campaign.
Grace United Church is more than a building. We are an inclusive, intergenerational, community partner. Our building is one way -- an important way -- that we share our gifts with the larger community and reach deeply into the lives of many other people.
Click here for more information Growth & Giving Brochure